Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankful Things

Before this all-too-short season of thankfulness closes and we launch headlong into the season of excessive consumerism, I wanted to take a chance to remind myself of all the reasons I have to be thankful.  I need to remind myself that joy is a choice, and gratitude is a lifestyle.  Especially now, when events in our community are unstable and uncertain, I want to ground myself in the tangible reminders that life is good.

These little faces provide infinite reasons to be grateful.
In no particular order, I am thankful for:
  • my body that powers me through long runs and hill workouts as well as the daily grind of motherhood.
  • my husband, who appreciates what I do for our family and reminds me to laugh.
  • my kids, who teach me the full range of human emotion.  From rapturous joy to unending frustration, they show me that life is meant to be lived to its fullest.
  • my friends, both those in real life and those BAMRs I only know virtually through Strava.  They keep me honest, motivated, and accountable.
  • the delay brew feature on my coffee pot.  The promise of coffee keeps my feet moving on cold, early morning winter runs.
  • running and blogging.  Both provide outlets for me to relieve stress and enable me to focus on myself for just a little bit.
Just a few of the friends and family who help pull me through the daily grind of life.

 What are your tangible reminders that life is good?