Friday, June 22, 2012

Daylight Savings Time to the Rescue!

I owe daylight savings time a beer.  And profuse apologies for all the times that I complained about how springing forward and falling back decimate my children's sleep schedule.  DST just saved my day.



Countless hours of excessive whining and insufficient napping left me at the end of my rope.  I tried to keep my cool all day, but I was boiling just beneath the surface, and I knew I needed a release.  I tucked the kids into bed at 7:45 then snuck out for a much-needed, sanity-saving run.  I'm not normally an evening runner because I don't like to run in the dark (and I'm usually dog tired by the time the kids head to bed).  Thanks to DST, however, I was able to enjoy a sunny evening run tonight.

I returned to my house feeling in control of my emotions, refreshed, and pleasantly exhausted.  I even peeked in on my sleeping kids to remind myself that even through our days are not perfect, I am truly blessed.  A run and sleeping angel faces helped give me renewed perspective and peace.  I owe you one, DST!